A stamped addressed envelopeTaking impression is very simple and there are just a few simple steps that you need to take with a few different tools, which will be provided to you in your impressions pack.
Your impressions pack will have the following items:
- A blank label
- 4 Packs of putty – 2 White and 2 Blue
- 2 Trays with handles
It is recommended that you have a timer, so it will help keep track of how long you will have placed the mold in your mouth, as well as a mirror to help guide you. The video below will give you a demonstration of how to correctly take your impressions, otherwise please follow the steps below.
- Roll the putty into 4 equal sizes, so there are 2 Blue balls and 2 White balls.
- Roll 1 White ball and 1 Blue ball together, mould together for a maximum of 20 seconds, after this time the mould will start to set so you will be unable to get the correct impression, so do not mould together longer than 20 seconds. Mould the putties together forming a light blue colour putty.
- Roll the putty into a cylinder shape about 3 inches long.
- Fill the putty in your tray, inside the empty gap filling the tray.
- Place the tray so that the centre of your tray lines up with your front teeth, and push the remaining tray so that it can take impressions of your back teeth, do not bite on the tray but gently push towards your teeth so the putty can take impressions of the teeth and gums.
- Hold the trays in place for 4 minutes; you will know the mould is set when it feels like a harder texture, such as soft rubber. Keep an eye on your timer ensuring you have kept the tray there for at least a minimum of 4 minutes.
- Repeat the same for your bottom set of teeth
Once you have done these steps, pop them into the bags in which the putty came in, complete your name and address on the blank label and pop these all into the self-addressed envelope to be sent back to us.
Your trays will take a minimum of 10 working days to be made and be sent to you.